THE MAIN PRODUCT OF THE AZIENDA AGRICOLA POGGIO CAPPIANO IS AN EXCELLENT EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.
On the main farm in Cappiano we produce extra virgin olive oil 90% obtained from Madremignola olives and the remaining 10% from Frantoio and Leccino varieties. The Madremignola olive is a “cultivar” typical in our area (Ponte a Cappiano is midway between Florence and Pisa).
On another two farms we produce oil from Mignola olives and, on a third, the oil produced is a blend of 80% Leccino olives and the remainder from the Frantoio variety.
The three types of oil are processed and packaged separately.
The harvest is conducted when the olives have reached the right degree of maturity, according to their planting. For the pressing we use the Ponte a Cappiano oil pressing plant. It is a modern plant using the cold-pressing process with simultaneous and constant temperature control throughout the processing stage. The olives are pressed within 24-36 hours of being harvested.
Bottling is arranged on receipt of an individual order, and until that time the product is stored in special containers in a deposit with near constant temperature control.
All the production stages, from work in the olive grove to packaging are monitored with love and care, seeking to combine traditional olive-growing with modern oil production techniques in order to enhance the characteristics of our extra virgin olive oil.
Our extra virgin olive oil can be purchased directly from the farm, in 100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml, 750 ml, 1000 ml bottles and in 1 litre, 3 litre and 5 litre cans. The bottles can also be bought in packs of 12 or in individual boxes.